Answers To Your Questions:
- What kind of prints do you produce?
- Selling with us.
- Does all submitted art get on the website?
- What kind of artwork are you looking for?
- How do I submit sample images?
- When will I know if my submission has been selected for inclusion on the website?
- Do I need to live in the United States to sell on Thumbtack Press?
- What are acceptable “print-ready” files, and how do I get them to you?
- If I sell my art through you does the copyright still belong to me?
- What size are your prints?
- How much do you sell my work for?
- Do you hide my identity in any way to encourage customers to only go through you for print sales?
- Can I sell my art at other places on the Web?
- Do you offer prints wholesale to retailers?
- Are these limited edition prints?
- Do you mat and frame?
- How do I get in contact with you?
- How do I get paid?
- How often do I get paid?
- How do I know how much you owe me?
- What's the best way to prep a sample image for review?
Our prints are printed with the utmost care and quality. Thumbtack Press uses a professional giclée process, with archival inks on a variety of high-end, specialty art papers.Back to Top
Please submit a minimum of three works for us to review. If we determine that your art would be a good fit on Thumbtack Press, we’ll contact you to discuss the details of working together. We will then set up a password-protected page for you in our Artist Control Panel that you can use to upload information about yourself as well as your high resolution files for printing.
Within the Artist Control Panel, you can check back regularly and see how well your prints are performing - how often they’ve sold, and how much money you are owed in the next payment cycle. You can also upload (or remove) art at any time.
No. Thumbtack Press is a curated site with a very particular look and feel and we try to stay true to that.Back to Top
We are interested in works of all sorts of media and styles. The best way to get a feel for what we are looking for is to take a look around Thumbtack Press and see our current selection of art.Back to Top
Click submit and follow the instructions there. You will need to upload a minimum of 3 JPGs that are representative of your work.
Note: we are unable to return anything sent to us by mail.
We try to review submissions in a timely manner and while we aspire to get back to you within a few weeks, it doesn't always quite work out that way. One way or another, we will get back to you - that we promise.Back to Top
Of course not. We have artists from all over the world represented on Thumbtack Press. Currently, about one-third of our artists live and work outside of the United States.Back to Top
We require 300 dpi (minimum) JPGs at 100% original artwork size (RGB color only). The bigger the better, as we can print images up to 24 x 36 inches. All art is uploaded to the site by you, inside our Artist’s Control Panel.Back to Top
You retain the copyright to all works that you’ve created.Back to Top
We print at 300 dpi and we currently print up to a maximum size of about 32 x 40 inches. Customers can generally choose in two-inch increments the size of the print they want, up to the maximum. We encourage you to upload files that are as big as possible (up to 32 x 40 inches at 300 dpi).Back to Top
Pricing is based on size of the print that the customer chooses. The majority of our open-edition prints are between $19.95 and $69.95. (Our limited edition prints typically start at about $100).Back to Top
No, on the contrary, we encourage you to provide us Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and other social media links so customers can easily “follow” you and get updates on your art. Your website is clearly displayed on your page.Back to Top
We go to great lengths (and expense) to promote an artist and his/her works on Thumbtack Press. Therefore, we do ask that any print you choose to offer on Thumbtack Press remains exclusive to Thumbtack Press. That said, you are never locked in to selling a particular image through us and can request to have an image taken down at any time.Back to Top
While we are not a wholesaler, we may be able to offer you a better price on prints purchased in volume. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your inquiry further.Back to Top
No. Currently our niche lies primarily in open edition prints, which means that there is no limit on quantity that can be produced of a particular piece of art.Back to Top
We have extensive matting and framing services and encourage our customers to get their art fully ready-to-hang. In addition, with our “Virtual Room” technology, customers can see what the finished art will look like on their own walls, simply by uploading a photo of their wall or using one of the room walls we provide.Back to Top
We will issue a payment to your PayPal account.Back to Top
We pay in the first 2 weeks following each calendar quarter for the prints that were sold during the previous quarter. For example, for prints sold between January 1 and March 31, we would issue payment on or before April 14.Back to Top
We have a special administration page exclusive to Thumbtack Press artists where you can track current and past sales, per print, along with a tally of all payments made to you to-date. It’s a great way to see your progress and it’s kept up-to-the-minute.Back to Top
We understand that not all artists are digital savvy, so here's a quick tutorial of how to make a good “preview” jpg using Photoshop:
• Open the original image in Photoshop
• Go to FILE > SAVE AS and save it under a NEW file name as a JPG
• Go to IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE where the image properties box will appear
• Change the Resolution field to “72” (pixels/inch)
• Click OK
• Go to IMAGE > MODE and choose RGB (if not already selected)
• Save your file. This is the file you will submit for review